Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 2

The meaning behind my blog name.....

Well, this one is too easy. My blog name is obvious and uncreative, but the purpose of my blog is to talk about my family and our life. Plain and simple. So thats why I chose it.

On a side note, today a very good friend of mine lost a very good friend of hers. I'm not sure why this has hit me so hard. I did not know him, but my heart breaks for him and his family. All I know of him is that he recently married the love of his life 6 months ago and he was only 38 yrs old. This should be an eye-opener for all of us.
Our lives can be cut short or lived very long, but no matter the length of time, we should live life to its fullest. I hear that a lot and I always think of it as....I should be traveling and seeing the world and doing everything I want to do.....when really its much simpler than that.
It's not about all the places you go and things you see, sometimes its just the small things. Hugging your kids and your husband. Calling your family just to chat. Smiling at people, saying thank you. Saying I Love You. Being a good example. Kind words, open heart. Forgiving. All these things, and more, make for a fulfilling life. And its sad that it takes such an eye opener as this, to remember that.

Thank you for letting me share my thoughts today. Love to you all!

No comments: