Thursday, April 1, 2010

Grey's Easter Outfit

Okay, so this year for Easter I decided to make Grey's dress since that's what I do lately. I bought the purple leggins at Naartjie and then made the top to match. I absolutely love it! And....I didn't follow a pattern! Yep, this is my very own creation. It's a little rough in parts, but only I would be able to see that. (well, i actually cut out the bodice from a pattern cause I couldn't seem to get the right size on my own. but, I'm still taking full credit.)




the full outfit






I shirred the sleeves and the center of the back.





I was planning on shirring the whole width of the sleeve, but as I was goin along, I thought it would be cute to only go 3/4 of the way and then the sleeves would have a little "flare." What do ya think?




I made this little "thing" (not sure what to call it yet) for the center of the bodice. It's pretty much just a jumble of fabric. What are your opinions on it?




Here is my cutie! She just pulled her "tails" out, but she still looks so adorable. I'm trying to put together two little bows to put in her hair. So far....not so good.




Let me know what you think of my creation. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Lundholm Fam said...

Woohoo! Good Job Katie. You're getting better and better everyday! So cute Grey!!

Unknown said...

You are very talented!! Take all the credit for sure!! Very cute and I love how crafty you are!!

Anonymous said...

very very cute!!