Friday, April 9, 2010

A little of Grey

It's been a while since I've let ya'll know what Grey is up too. She is a busy little 2 year old and quite the chatterbox for Ryan and I. She says some of the funniest things. I'm gonna have to start writing them all down.
We are trying to teach her how to use the words "you" and "me." She always just says her name, which is great, but we just thought she should know these words as well. So today I was showing her pictures of when she was a baby. I would say, "Grey, this is you." She'd say, "Ya! You!" haha "No, you say that's me." Grey- "Oh it's Mommy?" sigh......I think I'm confusing her.

Grey is our spokesperson in the house. Whatever we do....or say...she's right there to announce it. Yikes!

She loves to give hugs! But she does not call them hugs, she calls them "oooooohhhhhh." (the sound you make when giving a hug or when you see something cute is the best way to describe it.) So stinkin sweet!!

Grey LOVES daddy!! She cheers for him when he does things, she chants his name, she runs to the door when he comes home and jabbers to him outside the bathroom door. She just loves everything about daddy. (ya, I'm a little jealous) So the other day Ryan was longboarding and and Grey was riding her bike (they were inside) and Ryan was bein silly and pretending he was gonna fall and waving his arms around......so what does Grey do?.....She raises her arms and her handle bars turn and she hits the floor. It was one of those "you had to be there" moments, but it was pretty funny. Just today she tried doin no hands again and she biffed it again. Oh dear!

We have started giving "time outs" to Grey when she is naughty. She has to sit in her chair and wait a certain amount of time. We usually put a little clock next to her so we can tell her when her time's up. So, the other day she was acting up and before we even mentioned time out, she went and got the clock and put it next to her chair. I think she knew what was coming. hahaha. Doesn't really work when they start getting smart with you.

When Ryan is home Grey sits on the floor on her blanket and says "pull me." Reminds me of my childhood days. :)

Grey is always making sure we are all Happy. She will ask me randomly throughout the day, "mommy, are you happy?" then she asks if daddy is and so on. lol

She loves her "tails" a.k.a pig tails.
She is so polite and says excuse me all the time and says "bless you" when anyone sneezes.
She calls hiccups, "hee-hups" or sometimes just "hups"
She has the cutest little voice and I love the way she talks!
The other day she wanted her name to be "cocoa"
We are at the "watch this" stage
Ask Grey what she wants to eat and I guarantee she will say cheese, sometimes she thinks about it for a bit longer, but still replies, cheese!

Grey's cute vocabulary
geek = drink
ups = wipes
dups = diaper
outsass = outside (that one is my favorite)
toot = cute
watch = tv
beep = burp
did a do = what did it do?
achee dachee dachee dachee = she says this same thing when she is pretending to read fast

Obviously there is much more, but those are just a few of our favorites.

Oh wow, I could go on and on. I just can't get over how quickly Grey has grown up. She is the light of our lives and we couldn't be happier! I will definitely keep adding to the list of cute things she says. Stay tuned!

No comments: