Monday, October 5, 2009

The Cookie Curse

I love COOKIES! But, this is not the curse I speak of in my title..... I canNOT make cookies! I have tried many times to make yummy cookies but I fail every time! I follow the recipe to the T....still, not a good cookie.
So today I pulled out my trusty frozen-store-bought cookie dough. How hard can it be to scoop the dough onto the pan and bake it....? 
Well, I did just that. Along with all the other things I was doing at the moment. 
I was doing laundry, changing a diaper, listening to Grey scream about the bugs outside (yes, the bugs were outside and she is still afraid of them.) Anyways, I was scatter brained when the cookies were put into the oven. So, what a perfect time to go visit my neighbor....?
 I had something to talk to her about so I walked up to her apartment and we talked on her doorstep for a moment and then she had some crafts to show me (we all know how I can't resist looking at the crafts) and I was just havin a good ole time. Completely forgot about the cookies in my oven!!!! 
Who knows how long they were in there? 
I don't. 
Lets just say when Grey and I walked through the door I could smell well-done-cookies. That's when it hit me.......aawwww crap.....the cookies!! I run over to the oven (I think I knocked Grey over on my way there) I open it up and the cookies were black......I could not believe that I managed to ruin the frozen-store-bought cookie dough cookies. 
All I could do was laugh....and then Grey laughed at me laughing. 
So if any of you feel sorry for me and my cookie curse, feel free to send some cookies my way or a lesson or two on cookie making.


1 comment:

Jade said...

Lesson No. 1: Screw the cookies, just eat the dough.

Send me your address!