Friday, September 17, 2010

School



Grey is obsessed with school!

We recently started an at home preschool group with some other moms and their kids in the community. It has been really fun. We meet twice a week, Wednesdays for the school lesson and Friday's for the review and field trip. For the letter "A" we went on a tour to the Los Alamos Airport. So cool! For the letter "B" we went to the Bakery. That was really fun and yummy! It has been really good for Grey to have the interaction with adults and kids and, of course, learning her ABC's.

Now, all she wants to do is play school. It's really fun though. I like being the teacher. Grey's favorite games now are "learning games." I can't complain about that.

Grey is very upset that she can't ride the school bus. She asks everyday when it is coming and she tells my goodbye. I asked her what she would do if I really put her on the bus and it drove away. She thought for a moment and then said, "you can come with me!"

We had a funny conversation one day:


Mommy, get your backpack on. The school bus is coming

Me: Well, I don't have a backpack.

Do you have a purse?

Yes.

Get it! Daddy, get your backpack!

Ryan: I don't have a backpack either.

Do you have a purse?

Ryan: No.

.........(Grey's thinking).........

Well, what do you have?.......come on mom, lets go on the school bus.


Too bad for Ryan, he didn't get to go on the school bus, because he didn't have a bag. :(
I'm so glad Grey has a while before she actually rides away on the school bus. What a sad and exciting day that will be though. For now, we will just pretend.

3 comments:

Brandon,J'lene, Kamiah,Braelyn, Chelsea, Aussie said...

How cute!! you have one of the cutest girls. I love hearing the cute little stories. She is such a cute girl! Brandon keeps telling me he wants to go up and visit. What a fun preschool group!! Buses are fun for pretend but I bawled when I sent Kamiah off this year. Enjoy her home!!

Erin said...

That picture of you and Grey is cute. It's good that she is excited about school and learning. Hopefully the excitement won't wear off over the next 15 years :)

Lundholm Fam said...

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. Elly is learning her ABC's right now too. For story time, right now, they are learning them and then we reinforce them at home. No field trips though. Guess I should plan that.