Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Try this one! You won't be sorry!!

So I was looking around on the internet for a new recipe because I feel like Ryan and I have the same things every week. Sound familiar to anyone? Well, I frequently look at campbellkitchen.com and I've tried a few of their recipes, but none of them have really fulfilled our taste buds.......until now! I found a great recipe, it's actually really plain and simple, but so tasty and quick as ever. 

Cheddar Broccoli Chicken and Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients:


1 tbsp. vegetable oil 
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts 
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Broccoli Cheese Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1/3 cup milk 
2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets 
4 cups hot mashed potatoes


Directions:


Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned.

Add soup, milk and broccoli. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 min. or until done. Serve over potatoes.


Sounds good huh! This is actually our second time having this and we just love it. The second time I made it I just used cream of broccoli soup (minus the cheese) and it was just as good! I slice up the chicken into smaller pieces, but you can do whatever you like. I also threw some biscuits in the oven, which we all love, and it just made the meal complete. 

I may sound crazy, but I know how hard it is to cook for just two people, and this recipe works for two or more. I just thought I'd share it with you all. Let me know if you try it! 


(If anyone wants to start a recipe swap over the blog, I'm in. I need ideas! Ryan is getting sick of the same old stuff!)

3 comments:

Jay and Camille said...

Jay and I have a "New Recipe Wednesday" every week. We got so many cookbooks when we got married we decided we had to try them out. We love doing this. I can send you some of the things we have tried.

Erin said...

I will have to try this recipe. Sounds good. We are also always having the same things. I will join your recipe swap. I need some new recipes.

Lundholm Fam said...

Funny thing. As I was washing my hair this morning in the shower, I was thinking about this. And when I got out I said to Jared "how hard would it be to start a recipe blog where anyone can post recipes on it." All we would have to do it think of a name for it and then pick a password eveyone will know. Then anyone can get on and post one. We should try it.